ImmersionRC EzOSD On Screen DisplayEZOSDX
An on-screen display is a very important part of an FPV'ers equipment.
Similar to the HUD in a fighter-plane, the OSD overlays various pieces of critical information onto the video image, which will be viewed by the FPV pilot.
Important questions, such as 'Which way is home', 'What is the state of my battery', are answered at a glance.
Equally important information, such as 'how far away am I', 'how high am I', can help comply with local FPV rules & regulations.
ImmersionRC's approach to on-screen displays is a little different than other manufacturers. Instead of a crowded display, with a bunch of rarely-needed information, just the essentials are shown. FPV is about enjoying the scenery, not admiring the handywork of the OSD manufacturer :-)
The FPVers OSD
FPV is coming of age, and its time for FPV equipment to come of age also.
The EzOSD was created by FPVers with hundreds of hours of experience, after listening to the wishes of countless ‘Newbies’, and experienced pilots alike.
Who wants to spend hours in front of a PC, or wading through a manual, to setup an OSD. The EzOSD’s on-screen menu system is integrated, and accessed using three simple buttons. No need to hook up, and configure a R/C transmitter/receiver to access the setup menus!
The EzOSD module may be used stand-alone, and will offer navigation, and basic voltage measuring capabilities. For Gas models, this is generally all that is required for safe FPV flight.
The included 100A current sensor records not only the instantaneous current consumption, but also keeps track of the battery level, recording precisely the number of mAh consumed. Don’t be fooled by cheaper imitations which claim that a current sensor is not required!
All sensor data and the GPS position of the model, is sent down a telemetry link 10x/sec. The EzAntennaTracker displays this, and steers a directional antenna to always point to your model.
It's easy to exceed the maximum altitude or distance, allowed for FPV (or any other flight) in your region. The EzOSD can be setup to warn you, when selected parameters are exceeded, for example, altitude > 150m.
Support is also provided to comply with Amateur radio callsign broadcast requirements. The EzOSD can automatically broadcast your callsign periodically.
- Crisp text, shadowed to ensure visibility against a summer sky, or a winter evening.
- No need for a PhD to install and configure.
- Robust design, reverse polarity protection, overvoltage protection
- Simple, uncluttered display, just the essentials. ‘Which way is home’, and ‘how long can I stay up here’.
- Warnings for low battery voltage, pack capacity reached, too high, too far, etc.
- Periodic Amateur radio callsign broadcast, to comply with FCC regulations.
- OSD control from a spare servo channel (optional), or by direct link to the EzUHF Rx.
- Intuitive menu system, with onboard menu buttons
- After-flight debriefing, shows a summary of the flight: Max. altitude, max. distance, max. speed, average speed, distance flown, etc.
- 10Hz GPS update rate
- 100A Current sensor
- PAL/NTSC auto-detect
- Digital link to the EzUHF Receiver for full uplink status during flight.
- Uncluttered display, enjoy the view, not the OSD clutter!
- XT60 or DEANS connector - select from drop down before adding to cart
We Also Recommend
ImmersionRC UNO 2400 Standard - Filtered
ImmersionRC DUO 5800 V4.1 5.8GHZ A/V Diversity Receiver "Race Edition"
ImmersionRC EZtracker Antenna Tracker V2