STRIX Hoot 5.8GHz - Antenna - SMA (1PC)
Introducing the STRIX Hoot-R and Hoot-L 5.8 GHz antennas.
Years in the making, STRIX RC and TrueRC are proud to bring you one of the largest steps forward in antenna design in years, the STRIX Hoot antenna. Starting with a classic circular polarized antenna design from the 1940’s called the Lindenblad(1), with modern design tools and innovative manufacturing techniques, we’re bringing this classic design to the 21st century as another option for the FPV community.
As with many products in this hobby, the inspiration for this antenna came from experimentation with an existing lower frequency design scaled to our current frequencies. Many hobbyists and innovators on FPVLAB tried variations and modeling of the Lindenblad design as far back as 2012. It wasn’t until Hugo at TrueRC was able to model some unique implementations using modern software that the Hoot antenna design was able to be developed. Using a unique combination of microstrip and ladder line transitions, excellent RF matching is achieved to allow more of the signal to be transferred between the antenna and the feed line. The dimensions, angles, materials, and locations of all the elements were then adjusted using the modeling software to yield the best results possible.
The case is made of lightweight but strong polycarbonate material, allowing for a robustly built antenna that can take the abuses of standard FPV use. The antenna design itself has been optimized to work in conjunction with the case material to prevent unnecessary RF losses due to changes in the material surrounding the antenna.
Key Features and Specifications;
- Antenna Type: Lindenblad
- Connector: Durable crimped SMA
- Feed Line: RG141, capable of bending and holding a position.
- Dimensions: 64x22x22mm (45mm stem)
- Weight: Only 9.5g
- Gain: 1.3dBic
- Axial Ratio: 0.85 - 0.90
- SWR: As low as 1.2:1, below 1.5:1 across the standard 5.8GHz FPV Bands, and below 2:1 from 5.0-6.0GHz
- Polarization: RHCP or LHCP (select from drop down before adding to cart)
- Case Material: Filled Durable Polycarbonate
- Designed by: TrueRC
- Element and Feed Manufacturing: Canada
- Cable and Final Assembly: China
- Can be used for digital antennas like the Prosight
- 1 x Hoot Antenna (choose RHCP or LHCP from drop down before adding to cart)
- 1 x STRIX Sticker